At the Annual Chicago Cares Serve-a-thon, thousands of volunteers come together to transform Chicago Public Schools and improve learning environments for over 15,000 local students.
Serve-a-thon is for everyone! Teams of corporate volunteers, church groups, alumni clubs, families, kickball teams and groups of friends unite to create change for our city's students.
Serve-a-thon is also the largest fundraiser for Chicago Cares. Money raised through corporate sponsorship and individual donations make it possible for us to create, manage and lead more than 200 volunteer projects each month.
Serve-a-thon volunteers meet real needs in our
city's schools as they:
- add vibrant coats of paint to dull classrooms
- create colorful murals and tile mosaics to foster school spirit
- work on landscaping and flower beds to make schools more inviting
- organize libraries, making books more accessible
- paint playground line games and maps to egage students in healthy activity