Make direct donations. The long-term impact of COVID-19 on the nonprofit sector will be severe, and your monetary support of front-line organizations caring for vulnerable populations is urgently needed now. Donations are also needed in the long-term to all social impact organizations to weather the long-term consequences of this crisis and our collective recovery. We highly encourage you to support Chicago Cares’ partners who are on the front lines of their community’s response to COVID-19:
Make supply donations. You can visit the Serve Illinois website for instructions on how to donate personal protective equipment to hospitals and organizations on the front line.
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital is accepting equipment donations.
- Emanuel Iglesia in Belmont Cragin is accepting food donations.
- Erie Family Health Centers is accepting a variety of donations for their patients, frontline staff support, and patient and family support.
- Apna Ghar, which provides holistic services across immigrant communities to end gender violence, has created an Amazon Wish List to further support their program participants during this tumultuous time.
- Contact us if you have supplies but need assistance connecting to organizations.
Become a Volunteer Leader with Chicago Cares. Make a commitment to your neighbors and your city, and build essential civic leadership skills through our unique series of leadership trainings. For more information, contact email@example.com.
Looking for more opportunities? Click to find opportunities to build connections and deepen your knowledge. Follow Chicago Cares on social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn) to stay up-to-date on ways to stay socially connected with us.