Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Referral: Second Sense
Description Perfect for the Art Lover! Do you love art? Help Second Sense create a buzz about their talented artists with vision loss! You’ll be helping coordinate their biggest fundraiser, Passionate Focus. You also get to know the artists through their bios and beautiful artwork who are competing for a spot in this special benefit for Second Sense.
The volunteers will be helping with:
-Creating save-the-date cards, invitations and program book with design software (no experience necessary, will be trained).
- Pulling together silent auction packages and baskets
- Tracking silent auction donations
- Help writing social media posts to promote event
- Editing and posting artist bios
- Attend the big event on May 16th!
Volunteers will be helping make Second Sense's one and only fundraiser run smoothly. Volunteers will help ensure that artists are represented well to many donors who support their work and our mission.
When & Where
65 E. Wacker Place, #1010 Chicago, Illinois 60601
January 15- May 16
Flexible scheduling, 2-4 hours per week.
Volunteer Activity Type Crafting, Public Arts, Public Events, Office Administration
- Individuals (people who come on their own)
- Skilled Volunteers (pro bono work, volunteers with a specific skill set, etc.)
- Older Volunteers (volunteers aged 55 and older)
- Other (Volunteers with knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint, detail oriented, willing to learn Adobe Creative Suit)
Second Sense inspires individuals to move beyond vision loss and believe in their abilities. Through client-centered support and training, they learn new skills, build confidence and realize their value in our community. Together we are changing society’s perception of human potential.
Requirements for Service
- Interview process
- Training meeting <2 hours
Contact for more information or to serve: Kathy Austin at Kathy.firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-236-8569
***This is a Referral Opportunity through Chicago Cares. Chicago Cares does not manage the volunteer experience for these projects and volunteers are subject to each partner organization's volunteer protocol. Chicago Cares is not liable for injuries, loss, or damage at referral projects. No Chicago Cares staff will follow up with you about the logistics for this program, however a staff person from the managing organization will be responsible for doing so. ***
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: