Age Minimum (with Adult): 21+, Minimum Age:21+
Referral: Compass to Care Associate Board
Compass to Care is seeking current seeking young professionals to join it’s 2019 Associate Board.
The mission of the Compass to Care Associates Board is to:
- Enhance the efforts of Compass to Care by generating funds and support for the organization
- Enhance the Associates Board Member’s resumé and develop long-term Compass to Care leaders
- Play an active role in engaging other young people to support Compass to Care
- Create an opportunity for young professionals to meet wonderful people and have fun!
All members must be willing to:
- Attend and participate in all meetings
- Volunteer for and attend Compass to Care events
- Participate in event planning, fundraising, communications, community outreach, & recruiting
- Sell tickets for fundraising events and/or raffles
- Promote the Compass to Care mission and programs in the community
- Financially support Compass to Care with an initial contribution of $100, and a commitment to raise an additional $1,000
Requirements for application:
- Minimum 2 years professional work experience
- Passionate about making a difference in the lives of children with cancer
- Commit to one-year Board Membership
- Commit to 6 hours per month
- Sign and adhere to Board Manual and Statement of Values & Code of Ethics
Many people feel helpless when they see a child with cancer. How can Compass to Care help? Compass to Care helps by ensuring that these children can access the best cancer treatment with the hope of a cure. Compass to Care helps children, whose parent are facing financial challenges, travel to the hospital for their treatment by paying for gasoline, tolls and parking. If the child needs to travel to a distant medical center, Compass to care helps with that too by paying for their airfare and lodging. By volunteering to help raise as much money as possible during Tag Days, Compass to Cares give parents relief from expenses they cannot afford and give children the very best chance to beat this terrible disease. Won’t you please help!?
When & Where
Meetings are held in the Loop at one of the Associate Board Member’s offices.
Schedule for meetings available upon commitment
Volunteer Activity Type
Strategy & Discussion
· Individuals (volunteers who come on their own
· New Volunteers (people who have never volunteered before)
· Committed Volunteers (people who can come on a regular basis)
Compass to Care, a 501(c)(3) charitable organizations, ensures all families can access life-saving cancer treatment for their children. Compass to Care carries out this mission by scheduling and paying for travel arrangements to the hospital where a child is being treated for cancer. Ultimately, Compass to Cares gives children the best access to life-saving cancer treatment, regardless of their family’s financial situation.
Contact for more information or to served: Michelle May at (773) 657-3269 or Michelle@CompassToCare.org
Requirements for Service
Training 2 hours <
***This is a Referral Opportunity through Chicago Cares. Chicago Cares does not manage the volunteer experience for these projects and volunteers are subject to each partner organization's volunteer protocol. Chicago Cares is not liable for injuries, loss, or damage at referral projects. No Chicago Cares staff will follow up with you about the logistics for this program; however a staff person from the managing organization will be responsible for doing so. ***
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: