Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Referral: Imagine Englewood If Greater Englewood Unity Day Clean Up
Volunteers are needed for the 7th Annual Greater Englewood Unity Day in connection with Chicago's Citywide Clean and Green. A Unity Celebration including food, fun and love will follow the clean-up from 1pm-3pm.
IEI needs volunteers to fill the following roles:
1. Set up (8am-10am)– Volunteers helping with set up will arrive around 8:00am to help clean and set up
tables for the pre-event activities; organize the gloves, shirts, trash bags for pick up; help set up
breakfast for volunteers
2. Clean up (10am-1pm) -Volunteers will be assigned an area in the community to clean with another
group or organization; assist in recycling trash and counting garbage bags; helping take pictures of
people in action cleaning up
3. Unity Celebration (12pm-4pm) - Volunteers will help set up tables, chairs, food and games for the unity celebration; help to serve food and beverages during the event; help clean up after the event
Volunteers will help beautify the Englewood community by cleaning up the trash that covers various vacant lots and blocks. This is also an opportunity for people from other parts of the city who are not familiar with the Greater Englewood community to learn more about the neighborhoods and the residents to create a more connected Chicago.
When & Where
6006 S. Peoria
Saturday, April 27, 2019
Volunteer Activity Type
- Individuals (volunteers who come on their own)
- Groups (volunteers who come in a group)
- New Volunteers (people who have never volunteered before)
- Committed Volunteers (people who can come on a regular basis)
- Skilled Volunteers (pro bono work, volunteers with a specific skill set, etc.)
- Older Volunteers (volunteers aged 55 and older)
Imagine Englewood If’s mission is to strengthen and empower the Greater Englewood community through teaching local youth and their families- healthy living, environmental awareness, and positive communication skills.
Requirements for Service
Contact for more information or to serve:
Tamisha Gamble or Michelle Rashad at firstname.lastname@example.org or 773-488-6704
***This is a Referral Opportunity through Chicago Cares. Chicago Cares does not manage the volunteer experience for these projects and volunteers are subject to each partner organization's volunteer protocol. Chicago Cares is not liable for injuries, loss, or damage at referral projects. No Chicago Cares staff will follow up with you about the logistics for this program, however a staff person from the managing organization will be responsible for doing so. ***
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: