Age Minimum (with Adult): 15+, Minimum Age:15+
Referral:Fifth Third Bike the Drive 2019
Volunteers are needed to produce a successful, car-free bike ride for over 20,000 riders on Lake Shore Drive. Please join us Sunday, May 26, 2019 for our biggest fundraiser, Fifth Third Bike the Drive, and support Active Transportation’s work to improve biking, walking and transit.
Help is needed pre-event, day-of-event and post-event. Choose a job that suits you, whether it is helping to organize materials ahead of the event, fueling and cheering participants on at rest stops or ensuring that the event is fun and safe for all.
Perks of volunteering:
- Day-of-event volunteers receive a complimentary meal and t-shirt and the chance to meet hundreds of other bike enthusiasts.
- Pre-event volunteers can trade six volunteer hours for a free event registration.
- Groups of 15 or more volunteers may qualify for a $200 donation their own non-profit organization or a charitable organization of their choice. School groups, church groups and community organizations are all welcome!
Active Transportation Alliance needs volunteers to help make largest fundraiser of the year, Fifth Third Bike the Drive, a success. Active Trans the Active Transportation Alliance is a non-profit advocacy organization that works to improve conditions for bicycling, walking and transit and engage people in healthy and active ways to get around
When & Where
Sunday, May 26, 2019
Butler Field in Grant Park will be the main festival area of Bike the Drive.
235 S. Columbus Dr., 60604
Volunteers stations are located along Lake Shore Drive from Bryn Mawr Ave. to 57th Street/The Museum of Science & Industry. Volunteers are also needed at the festival in Butler Field at Grant Park.
Volunteer Activity Type
- Individuals (volunteers who come on their own)
- Groups ( volunteers who come in a group)
- New Volunteers (people who have never volunteered before)
- Older Volunteers (volunteers aged 55 and older)
- Youth Volunteers (volunteers aged 18 and under)
The mission of Active Transportation Alliance is to promote walking, bicycling and public transit to create healthy, sustainable and equitable communities. Active Trans envisions a Chicagoland that is a fun and healthy place to live, work and play
Requirements for Service
Training Meeting < 2 hours
Contact for more information or to served:
Brittany Gillespie at 1312.216.0465 or firstname.lastname@example.org
***This is a Referral Opportunity through Chicago Cares. Chicago Cares does not manage the volunteer experience for these projects and volunteers are subject to each partner organization's volunteer protocol. Chicago Cares is not liable for injuries, loss, or damage at referral projects. No Chicago Cares staff will follow up with you about the logistics for this program; however a staff person from the managing organization will be responsible for doing so. ***
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: