Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
Event Support for Roll N Peace 6: All in Phavor
At Chicago Cares, we believe volunteering should be the start of a journey toward equity in our city. Through this program, volunteers will connect with Chicagoans through service and collaborate with community-led organizations to promote health and wellness in the Englewood community.
Join Chicago Cares in partnership with Think Outside Da Block’s Roll N Peace 6: All In Phavor, a community-led event that uses cycling as the plan of action to address the public safety and mental health and wellness of the Englewood community. Roll N Peace decreases violence through community presence, increases physical fitness with exercise and mobility, and improves emotional, psychological, and social well-being through intentional community engagement. Over the past 5 engagements, Roll N Peace has grown its base to include over 2,000 registered participants, and now you have an opportunity to get involved! Through hands-on service, volunteers will learn about the assets and challenges facing the Englewood community, develop a better understanding of community-led action, and support Englewood’s Quality of Life priorities.
Project Details This project offers a chance for volunteers and community members to connect with each other, share stories, and build trust and empathy. Upon signing up, there will be a volunteer training video to watch.
From 4-7pm: Volunteer tasks will include supporting set-up, assisting with registration, and supporting the community expo.
From 7-11pm: Volunteer tasks will include distributing PPE and water, helping guide participants along the route, and assisting with post-event clean up.COVID-19 Alert: This is an outdoor community event that is open to the public. A mask or face covering over your nose and mouth is required for all volunteers for the duration of your volunteer activity. We recommend you bring your own, but gloves and extra masks will also be available at your project. Anyone who does not comply with this requirement will be asked to leave the project immediately. Volunteers will also be following physical distancing guidelines as recommended by the CDC.
DO NOT attempt to volunteer if in the last 14 days you or any members of your household:
• Have any of the symptoms related to COVID-19 as identified by the Centers for Disease Control. Common symptoms include cough, fever, difficulty breathing, chills, headache, new loss of taste/smell. Please review a more complete list of symptoms here
• Have been exposed to COVID-19 or diagnosed and are not yet cleared by your physician
• Traveled to any states listed in the City of Chicago's Emergency Travel order requiring a 14-day quarantine. Complete list of states that fall under this order here.
• Traveled outside of the United States
• Been on a cruise ship or been in an airport
• Been to an event with more than 50 people
Chicago Cares is committed to responsible volunteerism. We are taking these measures to limit any potential exposure for all individuals participating in our activities.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: