Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+, Minimum Age:18+
Community Mosaic Mural with Green Star Movement
Objective Details: Join Chicago Cares and Green Star Movement in building and assembling mural mosaic pieces for the Englewood community. The mosaic reflects the history and cultural heritage of Englewood and was designed in collaboration with parents and community leaders. This mosaic will be assembled in pieces in Bridgeport and installed in Englewood in the Spring.
Project Details: Volunteers will be led by artists from Green Star Movement in assembling and installing mosaic pieces. This is a multiple-week project and specific tasks will vary from week to week. This project is outdoors and volunteers should dress appropriately for weather. No art experience is required!
COVID-19 Alert: A mask or face covering over your nose and mouth is required for all volunteers for the duration of your volunteer activity. We recommend you bring your own, but gloves and extra masks will also be available at your project. Anyone who does not comply with this requirement will be asked to leave the project immediately. Volunteers will also be following physical distancing guidelines as recommended by the CDC.
DO NOT attempt to volunteer if in the last 14 days you or any members of your household:
- Have any of the symptoms related to COVID-19 as identified by the Centers for Disease Control. Common symptoms include cough, fever, difficulty breathing, chills, headache, new loss of taste/smell. Please review a more complete list of symptoms here.
- Have been exposed to COVID-19 or diagnosed and are not yet cleared by your physician.
- Traveled to any states listed in the City of Chicago's Emergency Travel order requiring a 14-day quarantine. Complete list of states that fall under this order here.
- Traveled outside of the United States.
- Been on a cruise ship or been in an airport.
- Been to an event with more than 50 people.
Chicago Cares is committed to responsible volunteerism. We are taking these measures to limit any potential exposure for all individuals participating in our activities.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: