Age Minimum (with Adult): 13+, Minimum Age:16+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
Drive Through Food Bank at Instituto
Chicago Cares’ volunteer projects are opportunities to connect with our neighbors, challenge our assumptions, change how we think and feel about our city, and inspire action – all while making a tangible, positive impact through service. By volunteering at this project, volunteers will be supporting outdoor food distribution as COVID-19 further exasperates issues of food insecurity in our communities.
Description: During the project, volunteers will be supporting outdoor food distribution organized by our partner, Instituto de Progreso Latino. Volunteers will be sorting donations, loading food boxes into cars, and tallying number of clients. This pantry is outdoors, and Volunteers should dress for the weather. There are no bathrooms on site. Bilingual is not required, but appreciated!
Transit Information: This location is accessible via Pink Line (Western) or the #49 (Western) or #60 (Blue Island/26th) bus.
Community Partner: Instituto del Progreso Latino is nonprofit organization located in Chicago, IL. Instituto's works focuses assisting Chicago communities through education, training, and employment. Instituto's services include career pathways, workforce development, adult education, youth development and education, and citizenship services.
COVID-19 Alert: A mask or face covering over your nose and mouth is required for all volunteers for the duration of your volunteer activity. We recommend you bring your own, but gloves and extra masks will also be available at your project. Anyone who does not comply with this requirement will be asked to leave the project immediately. Volunteers will also be following physical distancing guidelines as recommended by the CDC.
DO NOT attempt to volunteer if in the last 14 days you or any members of your household:
- Have any of the symptoms related to COVID-19 as identified by the Centers for Disease Control. Common symptoms include cough, fever, difficulty breathing, chills, headache, new loss of taste/smell. Please review a more complete list of symptoms here.
- Have been exposed to COVID-19 or diagnosed and are not yet cleared by your physician.
- Traveled to any states listed in the City of Chicago's Emergency Travel order requiring a 14-day quarantine. Complete list of states that fall under this order here.
- Traveled outside of the United States.
- Been on a cruise ship or been in an airport.
- Been to an event with more than 50 people.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: