Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Chicago Cares Supply Drive- Bridgeport Collection Site
Volunteers are needed to make the Chicago Cares Supply Drive possible! We will be collecting nonperishable food, diapers and wipes, personal hygiene and cleaning supplies from Chicagoans and donating them to nonprofits on the South and West Sides during this extremely challenging moment for our city. Volunteers will help set up, manage, and sort donations during the drop-off window. If you have the means, consider bringing some items to donate when you volunteer! We will notify volunteers by email 24 hours in advance of any cancellation of this program due to inclement weather.
COVID-19 Alert: A mask or face covering over your nose and mouth is required for all volunteers for the duration of your volunteer activity. We recommend you bring your own, but gloves and extra masks will also be available at your project.
Anyone who does not comply with this requirement will be asked to leave the project immediately. Volunteers will also be following physical distancing guidelines as recommended by the CDC.
DO NOT attempt to volunteer if, in the last 14 days, you or any members of your household:
• Have any of the symptoms related to COVID-19 as identified by the Centers for Disease Control. Common symptoms include cough, fever, difficulty breathing, chills, headache, new loss of taste/smell. Please review a more complete list of symptoms <a href="https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html#self-checker">here</a>
• Have been exposed to COVID-19 or diagnosed and are not yet cleared by your physician
• Traveled to any states listed in the City of Chicago's Emergency Travel order requiring a 14-day quarantine. Complete list of states that fall under this order <a href="https://www.chicago.gov/city/en/sites/covid-19/home/emergency-travel-order.html">here.</a>
• Traveled outside of the United States
• Been on a cruise ship or been in an airport
• Been to an event with more than 50 people
Chicago Cares is committed to responsible volunteerism. We are taking these measures to limit any potential exposure for all individuals participating in our activities.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: