Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Homan Square Sunken Garden Signature Project
Join Chicago Cares in partnership with the Foundation for Homan Square and North Lawndale Community Coordinating Council as we build relationships and support the restoration of Homan Square’s Sunken Garden, a place of tremendous community value in North Lawndale. Through hands-on service and education, volunteers will learn about the assets and challenges facing the North Lawndale community, develop a better understanding of local leadership, and support neighborhood Quality-of-Life priorities to increase residents’ access to green space.Volunteer tasks will include garden restoration, planting, and mulching, all of which address a community priority of greening and renewing space in North Lawndale at the request of our partners. Along the way, we’ll also connect with each other and build trust, empathy, and understanding with our neighbors.
COVID-19 Alert: A mask or face covering over your nose and mouth is required for all volunteers for the duration of your volunteer activity. We recommend you bring your own, but gloves and extra masks will also be available at your project. Anyone who does not comply with this requirement will be asked to leave the project immediately. Volunteers will also be following physical distancing guidelines as recommended by the CDC.
DO NOT attempt to volunteer if in the last 14 days you or any members of your household:
- Have any of the symptoms related to COVID-19 as identified by the Centers for Disease Control. Common symptoms include cough, fever, difficulty breathing, chills, headache, new loss of taste/smell. Please review a more complete list of symptoms here.
- Have been exposed to COVID-19 or diagnosed and are not yet cleared by your physician.
- Traveled to any states listed in the City of Chicago's Emergency Travel order requiring a 14-day quarantine. Complete list of states that fall under this order here.
- Traveled outside of the United States.
- Been on a cruise ship or been in an airport.
- Been to an event with more than 50 people.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: