Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Serve-a-thon 2013 Volunteer Leader
You are invited to help Chicago Cares
celebrate our 20th Annual Serve-a-thon!
Your valuable service as a Volunteer Leader helps Chicago Cares mobilize over 5,000 volunteers in the city's largest day of service. Serve-a-thon will include an array of projects this year: environmental projects at parks, school improvements, interactive programs at community agencies and more! As Chicago Cares' biggest fundraiser, Serve-a-thon funds the programs that connect leaders and volunteers with ongoing opportunities all year long.
Volunteer Leaders manage a volunteer group assigned to their task.
What are the requirements for becoming a Volunteer Leader?
You must have successfully served as a Volunteer Leader with Chicago Cares (Youth In Service, Ongoing Programs, Corporate Volunteer Programs, Celebration of Service or Serve-a-thon).
As a Serve-a-thon Volunteer Leader, you will:
- Communicate directly and frequently with your Primary Volunteer Leader and Chicago Cares Staff.
- Participate as a Leader Team Member at your site where teamwork, cooperation and collaboration are imperative prior to and on the day of the event.
- Attend an on-site training with a with your Leader Team.
- Attend an optional skills training.
- Be familiar with your projects and location.
- Be the "go-to" person for your projects on the day of event.
- Keep tasks running on schedule.
- Be flexible in order to ensure volunteers complete quality work.
- Support and ensure that your volunteer group has all of the tools and resources they need to complete tasks effectively.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: