Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Referral: Holiday Heroes
At Holiday Heroes' hospital parties volunteers help to make crafts with the kids and families that are served, and generally help manage the "flow" of the party. Holiday Heroes other events are more administrative tasks at fundraisers that involve checking people in, etc.
Holiday Heroes is a very lightly-staffed organization, and they rely almost entirely on a volunteer workforce to make the parties happen and for fundraising -Holiday Heroes LOVE their volunteers!
Volunteer Activity Type
- Other (administrative support)
- Individuals (people who come on their own)
- Groups (volunteers who come in a group)
- New Volunteers (people who have never volunteered before)
- Committed Volunteers (people who can come on a regular basis)
- Skilled Volunteers (pro bono work, volunteers with a specific skill set, etc.)
- Older Volunteers (volunteers aged 55 and older)
"No one wants to be in the hospital, especially kids. It’s stressful, scary, and isolating for them, their families and their caregivers. For hospitalized children, a little fun makes a big impact! Holiday Heroes hospital parties and play take a child’s mind away from the pain, anxiety and stresses of being hospitalized; encouraging healthy social development and better recovery from illness."
Requirements for Service
- Training meeting <2 hours
- Shots (TB, Tetanus, etc.)
- Background Check
Contact for more information or to serve
Bridgette Ferraro at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-461-9710.
***This is a Referral Opportunity through Chicago Cares. Chicago Cares does not manage the volunteer experience for these projects and volunteers are subject to each partner organization's volunteer protocol. Chicago Cares is not liable for injuries, loss, or damage at referral projects. No Chicago Cares staff will follow up with you about the logistics for this program, however a staff person from the managing organization will be responsible for doing so.***
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: