Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Description Volunteer tutors focus on test preparation, study habits, and organizational skills while assisting scholars with their assigned homework. Tutors work with students, allowing volunteers to use their expertise in particular subjects.
Impact Tutors' assistance to these students is invaluable and contributes greatly to the success of individual students and the organization as a whole.
- Tuesdays, 5:00 - 7:30 PM
- Wednesdays, 5:00 - 7:30 PM
- Saturdays, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Volunteer Activity Type Mentoring/Youth Development, Tutoring
- Individuals (volunteers who come on their own)
- Groups (volunteers who come in a group)
- New Volunteers (people who can come on a regular basis)
- Skilled Volunteers (Pro bono work, volunteers with a specific skill set, etc.)
- Committed Volunteers (people who can come on a regular basis)
- Older Volunteers (volunteers aged 55 and older)
Partner Information HighSight's mission is to provide academic and social support to Chicago high school students. HighSight provides scholarships, tutoring, mentoring, leadership development and college readiness programs to enable its students to attend and succeed at the private high school of their choice.
Requirements volunteers must complete to serve
- Interview Process
- Supply References
- Background Check (general state of Illinois DCFS sheet)
***This is a Referral Opportunity through Chicago Cares. Chicago cares does not manage the volunteer experience for these projects and volunteers are subject to each partner organization's volunteer protocol. Chicago Cares is not liable for injuries, loss, or damage at referral projects. No Chicago Cares staff will follow up with you about the logistics for this program, however, a staff person from the managing organization will be responsible for doing so.***
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: