Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Referral: Kufi Club of Chicago
Description: Volunteers will be utilized to: provide one-on-one mentoring, collectively decide on the program content and format, orientate other volunteers and parents.
Impact: A rites of passage program requires adequate adult support to be carried out effectively. Accordingly, the impact volunteers will make is that they will help create positive change in the lives of African American youth.
Date/Time: Monday – Wednesday from 3:30PM – 6:00PM
Volunteer Activity Type: Mentoring/Youth Development
- Individuals (people who come on their own)
- Groups (volunteers who come in a group)
- New Volunteers (people who have never volunteered before)
- Committed Volunteers (people who can come on a regular basis)
- Skilled Volunteers (pro bono work, volunteers with a specific skill set)
- Older Volunteers (volunteers who are aged 55 and up)
Partner Information: The KUFI Club of Chicago addresses the cultural, career, academic and social needs of at-risk African-American youth living within Chicago’s Roseland Community.
Requirements for Service:
- Interview process
- Training Event < 2 Hours
- Background Check
***This is a Referral Opportunity through Chicago Cares. Chicago cares does not manage the volunteer experience for these projects and volunteers are subject to each partner organization's volunteer protocol. Chicago Cares is not liable for injuries, loss, or damage at referral projects. No Chicago Cares staff will follow up with you about the logistics for this program, however, a staff person from the managing organization will be responsible for doing so.***
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: