Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Referral: Operation Warm
Help Operation Warm staff their high energy, high impact coat giving events at elementary schools in your area. Work with other volunteers to give the gifts of warmth, confidence, and hope as students try on and select a colorful, kid-friendly coat to call their own. Approximately 500 children living in need at each one of our coat giving events will be served.
Operation Warm's mission is to provide hope, happiness, and warmth through the gift of brand new winter coats. Operation Warm is not a coat drive; rather they work directly with manufacturers to create their own line of carefully crafted, kid friendly coats. By creating their own coats they control the quality and cost, and ensure their brand new winter coats become a daily pride and joy for children in need. Many of the children served rarely feel the emotion associated with receiving something brand new that no one has previously owned before. Inside each coat is a permanent label that says, “Made Just for You!”
Volunteer Activity Type
- Basic Need Services
- Individuals (people who come on their own)
- Groups (volunteers who come in a group)
- New Volunteers (people who have never volunteered before)
- Older Volunteers (volunteers aged 55 and older)
Monday - Friday mornings, October - December
Requirements for Service
- Training Meeting <2 hours
- Background Checks (Operation Warm has a system that process and covers this. Background check includes Criminal History, Sex Offender Registry and Government Watchlist)
***Please note Chicago Cares does not manage the following volunteer projects. Chicago Cares is not liable for injuries, loss, or damage at referral projects. No Chicago Cares staff will be present or coordinate logistics for these events. Chicago Cares is also not able to verify volunteer hours spent at referral projects. Please request verification directly from the referral partner. ***
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: