Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Referral: Journey Care
- Care Companion & Vigil Volunteer
- Provide emotional support to patients in their homes by providing companionship, reading aloud or sharing activities that the patient enjoys. Support can be provided to families through respite care.
- Vigil volunteers provide a supportive presence at the bedside of patients during their final hours
- C.N.A. Assist. Partner closely with C.N.A’s to care for patients in the Hospice CareCenters
- Hospitality Volunteer
- Greet and accompany guests and provide support to reception staff
- Pet Therapy - Visits from our certified therapy animals always bring smiles to our patients, families and staff members, whether it be at home, our hospice carecenters, assisted living community
Volunteering with JourneyCare offers you the opportunity to share your unique knowledge, experiences and gifts to make a difference in the lives of our patients and families. You can select opportunities in one of our five Hospice CareCenters, located in Arlington Heights, Barrington, Chicago, Glenview and Woodstock, or in your own community.
- Individuals (people who come on their own)
- New Volunteers (people who have never volunteered before)
- Committed Volunteers (people who can come on a regular basis)
- Skilled Volunteers (pro bono work, volunteers with a specific skill set, etc.)
- Older Volunteers (volunteers aged 55 and older)
Requirements for Service
- Supply References
- Training Meeting > 2 hours
- Medical Exam
- Shots (TB, Tetanus, etc.)
- Federal Background Check
Mary Flores at MMazzaroli@journeycare.org.
***Please note Chicago Cares does not manage the following volunteer projects. Chicago Cares is not liable for injuries, loss, or damage at referral projects. No Chicago Cares staff will be present or coordinate logistics for these events. Chicago Cares is also not able to verify volunteer hours spent at referral projects. Please request verification directly from the referral partner. ***
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: