Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Referral: Family Legacy Foundation - Academic Assistance for Adult Learners
- Provide academic assistance to Adult Learners individually (one-on-one)
- Establish and maintain rapports with the Adult Learners
- Schedule tutoring appointments (as needed)
- Help develop positive attitudes toward learning
- Communicate with AVL Coordinator relevant progress and challenges of Adult Learners
- Provide evaluations and other reports as required by staff including assessment data
- Attend periodic training sessions given by staff members to increase competency in working with Adult Learners
- Maintain confidentiality. Discussions pertaining to Adult Learners must be held privately with the Literacy Coordinator only.
- Commit to the program for at least 16 weeks
The purpose is to help Adult Learners reach their goals of improved literacy by helping them with their reading and writing, vocabulary, comprehension, and background knowledge about basic subjects.
Requirements for Service
- Interview Process
- Training Meeting >2 hours
- Individuals (people who come on their own)
- New Volunteers (people who have never volunteered before)
- Committed Volunteers (people who can come on a regular basis)
- Skilled Volunteers (pro bono work, volunteers with a specific skill set, etc.)
- Older Volunteers (volunteers aged 55 and over)
Contact for more information or to serve
Cheryl Crozier at firstname.lastname@example.org.
***Please note Chicago Cares does not manage the following volunteer projects. Chicago Cares is not liable for injuries, loss, or damage at referral projects. No Chicago Cares staff will be present or coordinate logistics for these events. Chicago Cares is also not able to verify volunteer hours spent at referral projects. Please request verification directly from the referral partner. ***
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: