Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Referral: Casa Central - Activity Aid
Activity Aide volunteers will assist in the education and general development of children ages 2-5 years old in the Early Learning Academy. General responsibilities include conducting activities such as reading to children, storytelling, arts and crafts, puzzles, leading games or exercise activities. Other responsibilities may include serving and clean-up of breakfast, lunch, and snack, helping with set-up and clean-up of activities and assisting teachers with daily planned activities.
Activity aide volunteers in the Early Learning Academy serve as positive role models for the children and provide them with a positive relationship with an adult. Through volunteerism, children are able to receive individual attention to monitor their unique developments and educational needs. Ultimately, volunteers inspire curiosity and life-long learning in Chicago’s under-resourced youth by enhancing their learning and ensuring they are prepared with knowledge and skills to successfully transition into kindergarten and excel. Casa Central depends on its volunteers to ensure they continue providing award-winning, trustworthy care and education.
Volunteer Activity Type
- Physical Activity
- Individuals (people who come on their own)
- Groups (volunteers who come in a group)
- New Volunteers (people who have never volunteered before)
- Committed Volunteers (people who can come on a regular basis)
- Skilled Volunteers (pro bono work, volunteers with a specific skill set, etc.)
- Older Volunteers (volunteers aged 55 and older)
Requirements for Service
- Training Meeting <2 hours
- Medical Exam
- Shots (TB, Tetanus, etc.)
- Background Check (fingerprinting and background by DCFS)
- Other - Requirements are dependent on if the volunteer is on-going (more than 15 hours). If less than 15 hours, only application and copy of photo ID are required. If more than 15 hours, requirements marked are needed.
Contact for more information or to serve
***This is a Referral Opportunity through Chicago Cares. Chicago Cares does not manage the volunteer experience for these projects and volunteers are subject to each partner organization's volunteer protocol. Chicago Cares is not liable for injuries, loss, or damage at referral projects. No Chicago Cares staff will follow up with you about the logistics for this program, however a staff person from the managing organization will be responsible for doing so.***
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: