Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Referral: Turning the Page School Community Night Legacy Charter School
Volunteers assist staff in student workshops where they help read books, do arts and crafts, play games, provide small group/one-on-one support to students, and help with the welcome/check-ins for families attending.
Volunteers are directly supporting students and parents in the North Lawndale community. Volunteers will mentor students to help improve each child's literacy skills while parents attend workshops on tracking student progress, in-home learning, and parent-teacher relationships.
Volunteer Activity Type
- Individuals (people who come on their own)
- Groups (volunteers who come in a group)
- New Volunteers (people who have never volunteered before)
- Committed Volunteers (people who can come on a regular basis)
- Skilled Volunteers (pro bono work, volunteers with a specific skill set, etc.)
- Older Volunteers (volunteers aged 55 and older)
Legacy Charter, 3318 Ogden Ave., Chicago, IL 60623- 4:30-7:00pm on Wednesdays (Sep. 19th, Oct 10th, Nov. 7th, Feb. 20th, March 20th, April 24th)
Contact for more information or to serve
***This is a Referral Opportunity through Chicago Cares. Chicago Cares does not manage the volunteer experience for these projects and volunteers are subject to each partner organization's volunteer protocol. Chicago Cares is not liable for injuries, loss, or damage at referral projects. No Chicago Cares staff will follow up with you about the logistics for this program, however a staff person from the managing organization will be responsible for doing so.***
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: